Are you a condo owner in Florida? Protect it with condo insurance provided by Americas Insurance Associates.
Benefits of Condo Insurance
Condo insurance is a blend of coverage that protects your investment against perils such as theft, fire, accidental injuries to visitors, and living expenses if you are temporarily displaced from your home due to a covered peril. Your condo insurance policy covers you for things that are not covered by a master homeowners association policy.
As the owner of a condo, you do not own the building or land your home sits on, but you still need good insurance for your condo and personal possessions. You cannot depend on the homeowners association (HOA) master policy.
Each condo owner requires their own insurance policy to be protected properly.
A condo insurance policy covers:
- ALE or additional living expenses, commonly known as “loss of use”, will help pay for extra living expenses such as meals, lodging, pet boarding, and laundry if you are unable to live in your condo due to a problem covered by your policy.
- Interior walls – this helps pay for repairs to the inside walls of your condo. Other inside items such as cabinets and built-in bookshelves are damaged by a problem covered by the policy.
- Liability coverage is for accidental injuries and damage to others’ property. Things such as a dog bite or your child kicking a ball through a neighbor’s window will be covered.
- Medical payments to others will cover medical expenses for minor injuries that occur in your condo, like a visitor who slips and falls on a wet kitchen floor.
- The personal property portion of the policy covers items such as furniture, electronics, clothing, kitchen utensils and appliances, jewelry, artwork, and musical instruments.
Reach Out To Us
If you own a condo in Florida or are thinking of purchasing one, contact the professionals at Americas Insurance Associates to obtain the coverage you need.