Home insurance is a specific type of property insurance that you have access to purchase. This insurance covers different types of loss and damage against your home resulting from storms and even fires. We offer protection here at America's Insurance Associates in Venice, North Port, and Ft. Myers, FL to help you protect your home.
Home Insurance Requirements
There are no laws in Florida that require homeowners to purchase insurance. It is entirely your choice. However, you must abide if you run into a mortgage lender that requires it. Some lenders will require you to purchase a home insurance policy for them to give you a loan.
Home Insurance Coverage
You can choose from any of the following to protect your hone:
- Dwelling - This portion of your policy will help protect the physical structure of your house if damage or destruction were to occur. It also applies to things within your home, including the ceiling, windows, and floors.
- Other structures coverage - This will protect any structures that may or may not be permanently attached to your homes, such as sheds, fences, detached garages, and even carports.
- Personal property - This coverage is also known as Coverage C and keeps your items within your home secured if they are damaged, destroyed, or stolen. These items include furniture, computers, phone, dishwasher, and clothing.
- Loss of use - If you need to move out temporarily because your home was severely destroyed, this policy will help with basic living expenses.
- Liability protection - This will help you if someone were to sue you or requires medical attention after becoming injured on your property.
To obtain a quote for home insurance, please contact America's Insurance Associates today. You may also give us a call, and we’d be happy to answer any questions you have. We are located in Venice, North Port, and Fort Myers, FL.