Although many think full-time motorhome coverage applies only to those who stay in their motorhome 365 days per year, the standard is 150 days per year. Unfortunately, that misconception means many motorhome owners lack the proper coverage. If this sounds like you, our team at Americas Insurance Associates, which serves Florida, is here to help and ensure you have the motorhome coverage you need.
What Is Full-Time Motorhome Insurance?
Regular or short-term motorhome insurance is like auto insurance. It offers protection if you have an accident while driving:
- Bodily injury (BI) and property damage (PD) liability for others
- Comprehensive and collision for your motorhome
- Medical payment coverage for you or your passengers injured in an accident
- Underinsured/underinsured motorist coverage
In effect, a short-term motorhome policy covers you while on the road but does not handle losses that occur during the many days and nights the motorhome is parked. A full-time motorhome policy does that by offering coverage similar to a homeowners policy, including:
- Vacation Liability: Bodily injury (BI) and property damage (PD) liability for others in and around your parked motorhome
- Personal effects: Clothing, electronics, and other belongings kept in your motorhome
- Loss Assessment: HOA fees for losses to common areas
- Emergency Loss: Temporary lodging while the motorhome undergoes repairs
- Adjacent Structures: carports, decks
The time to ensure you have proper insurance coverage is before you need it, so act now to confirm you have the right coverage for your motorhome.
Working With Americas Insurance Associates
Your friendly team at Americas Insurance Associates, serving Florida, is ready to address all your insurance needs, including full-time motorhome insurance. So give us a call or stop in today to ensure you and your motorhome are appropriately covered.